Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Penguin Videos and Webcam!

Who likes penguins?  Me!!!  (and every kid in my class!)  We've been working on Mr. Popper's Penguins and the kids are beginning an informational writing piece this month.  I love that every ability level can find success with this topic.  One of my students impressed me after watching one of these clips when he asked if this was a rookery.  Rookery?!?  Awesome!  He's using the vocabulary from our unit!  So proud! 

These videos are short and sweet.  The content is appropriate for school and I've embedded the videos- so for all my not-so-tech-savy friends, you don't have to worry about crazy side banners popping up when you pull up youtube.  These videos are written into the page so you dont have to worry about surprises!

My kids loved these penguin videos!  They are produced by BBC and Discovery. 

Happy penguin watching!
Tab


Birth and March of the Emperor Penguins


Penguins launch like rockets from the water.





Emperor Penguin vs. Sea Leopard BBC



Emperor Penguins - The Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth - BBC
Penguin Webcam | SeaWorld San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment